Natural, Gritty and Live: New York City Drum Tracks
Drum Werks Volume IV features over 686 MB of drum kit loops and samples perfect for rock, bluesy-rock, and modern alternative rock. The drums were recorded at one of New York City’s most in-demand studios and offer that classic vintage vibe New York City studios are famous for. Drum Werks Volume IV offers a massive collection of both straight and shuffled feels – enough beats and fills in a variety of tempos and feels to keep any songwriter busy for months.
There’s a reason why the drums of the 60s and 70s still sound so good. The before-digital warmth of outboard gear and classic preamps gave the drums body and presence, something hard to find in many modern recording (though they keep trying with plugin after plugin). Drum Werks IV has that classic studio rock sound that continues to sound good.
The drum tracks were inspired by a number of artists, fusing together different rock sensibilities all in one package. Whether you’re a fan of Led Zeppelin or Tom Petty, Queens of the Stone Age or AC/DC, Drum Werks IV is an honest collection of acoustic rock drums. It has a bit of laid-back rock with some swing just as much as it delivers driving uptempo grooves, covering a wide range of tempos with one thing in common: infectious energy with a timeless drum mix captured on some truly one-of-a-kind analog gear throughout the signal path.
The maple drums used for recording have a warm and very natural sound, a edgy and crispy analog vibe perfect for any project needing a quintessential New York City studio drum mix.
So, if you are looking for a sound you won’t find in MIDI drum loops, this is a versatile selection of rock drum loops that will inspire any songwriter.
Please Note: Drum Werks IV contains loops and samples only. All demo tracks containing music are for illustration purposes only.
Drum Werks IV | NYC Studio Grooves for Rock, Bluesy-Rock, and Alt-Rock Features:
- Full Range of Drums for Rock, Bluesy-Rock, and Pop Rock Songwriting Styles: All the live drum loops are for rock songwriters looking for gritty acoustic drum tracks with some attitude. There’s no better way to create realistic drum tracks than having the right sound from the start!
- Comprehensive Groove Folders: Grooves sets are arranged logically and with healthy coverage of rock styles with tempos ranging from 63 BPM all the way up to 175 BPM.
- The Finishing Touches/One Shots: We also included cymbal swells, ending ritards, and more. All the “little” things most loop CD’s don’t include but are vital to realistic drum tracks.
- Cohesive Drum Sound, Drum Mix: All loops are taken from a single recording session (all grooves, fills, etc. are sonically-matched). All grooves, groove variations, fills, and one shots will mix with anything else on the disc. A cohesive, focused sound set – a trademark Beta Monkey feature.
- Complete Matching Set of Sampled Drum and Cymbal Samples: The included single hit sample kit section includes multi-velocity samples of all the drums and cymbals recorded. Use the Drum Werks IV sample kit to build grooves from scratch or use them to augment any of the 700 loops. This disc gives you true flexibility.
Drum Werks IV Sample Library Stats:
- 945 (557 MB) original, license-free 16/44 drum loops and samples. Available as 16-bit ACIDized WAV, APPLE LOOPS (AIFF), and REX2 loops.
- 59 (34 MB) multi-velocity drum and cymbal samples.
- ALL available ACIDized WAV, APPLE, and REX2 formats included in download.
Our Thoughts on Drum Werks IV
What most songwriters found best of all about Drum Werks IV is the cohesive nature of the loops on the disc. You can literally take any groove or fill loop on the disc and put them together. Musicians also love this very live sounding set of drums – very pure acoustic tones. It’s a”go-to” drum loop library for thousands of musicians.
Drum Werks IV is remains one of our most versatile and popular discs. We have heard so many diverse types of music come from this set of loops. We heard a Canadian TV Spot produced with these grooves, an Outback Steak House commercial, great Alt Rock and Alt Pop tunes, and some very heavy stuff from the likes of Motorhead and KISS. That’s some versatility from one loop library!